Click to enlarge
Display the image pictured in the sidebar, Cube Snakes, to children. Encourage children to compare the snakes and to make up stories about them.
Possible student responses
- There are four cube snakes from connecting cubes.
- The shortest snake is the first one.
- The longest snake is the last one.
- The third snake is five cubes long.
- The second snake is four cubes longer than the first snake.
- If you toss a number cube twice, you might be able to build your own cube snake the same the same length as one of these.