Click to enlarge
Display the Headline Story pictured in the sidebar and read it aloud to the class. Encourage children to think of creative ways to complete the sentence. After some students make several simple statements about the quantity of two, you might ask them to come up with statements that use both one and two.
I have 2 _____.
Possible student responses
- I have 2 eyes.
- I have 2 crayons in my hand.
- I have 2 sisters I have 2 teachers in my class.
- I had 2 marbles, but lost 1 of them. I have 1 marble left.
- On my way to school, I saw 1 squirrel and 1 bird. I saw 2 animals in all.
- In basketball, if you score 1 basket you get 2 points.