Click to enlarge
A Headline Story can be a visual rather than a verbal prompt. Display the image in the sidebar, Stars, to the class. Encourage children to describe the stars and tell creative stories about them.
Possible student responses
- There are 3 stars.
- Two of the stars are yellow, and one is green.
- One star has a green outline, but it is yellow inside.
- Only two colors are used in the picture.
- None of the stars are exactly the same.
- If you erased one of the stars, there would be 2 stars in the picture.
- If you had another star, there would be 4 stars in the pictures.