Click to enlarge
Display the Headline Story pictured in the sidebar, Looking Closely 2, to the class. Encourage children to describe the picture. You might also ask how it is similar to and different from the Headline Story picture from Stories in Numbers, Words, and Pictures, #12.
Possible student responses
- This picture is similar to the previous picture.
- There are 10 birds.
- Eight birds are in the tree and two are flying away.
- There are fewer rabbits than in the previous picture.
- There is one brown rabbit and two gray rabbits.
- Now there are five flowers, which is two more than in the previous picture.
- Each flower still has five petals.