Click to enlarge
The goal of all Headline Stories is for children to learn to translate situations and information into mathematical problems or stories. Display the image pictured in the sidebar, Triangles, to children. Ask them what the notice or see.
Possible student responses
- There are three triangles, but they look different.
- The last one is upside down.
- They all have three sides.
- None of them have curvy sides.
- How can they all be triangles and all look different?
- How are all the figures alike?